1 1/2 tbsp dry breadcrumbs
2. Spray six ounce ramekins with spray and coat with
bread crumbs. pour out excess.
3. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coatpan with spray and add spinach. Cook until spinach wilts. Remove from heat. place spinach in colander and let cool. Squeeze excess liquid from spinach and chop.
4. Combine milk, flour and a dash of salt and pepper in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to remove lumps. Cook for two minutes until mixture thickens and is bubbly. Spoon into a large bowl and let stand for ten minutes. Stir in spinach, cheese and egg yolks. Set aside.
5. Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in mixing bowl. Beat at high speed until medium peaks form. do not over beat. gently stir 1/4 of egg whites into spinach mixture just to bring together and lighten up mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites.
6. gently spoon mixture into breadcrumb-coated rame- kins. Sharply tap on counter 2-3 times to level. please ramekins in oven on baking sheet. immediately reduce heat to 350F. Bake for 21 minutes, until soufflés are puffed up and golden. do not open the oven door while cooking. Serve immediately.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here